Have you ever heard of the post-lunch lull? Its that feeling of tiredness and steady decrease in productivity after eating lunch. Luckily, there are natural ways to boost your energy that are as easy as taking a break from work.
Your body is set to an internal rhythm, called the circadian rhythm, which governs the times you wake up and go to sleep. It also affects when you are most productive, and when your body thinks it is time to shut down for the day. Some of the world is lucky enough to be spared the post-lunch dip. Others can be found stealing naps in the closets or cars. So, it’s not just the food that causes this, it is our genetic makeup to blame.
Napping is the best cure for boosting energy at work, but what if you don’t have time for those 40-minute siestas? Try some of the tips from our infographic on how to stay awake — naturally. GetVoIP outlined 20 tips for getting more energy. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Work out – Getting your blood pumping can help oxygenate your brain and make you less sleepy. Having a regular exercise schedule can help consistently keep energy up.
2. Drink Green Tea – Although it has less caffeine than coffee, it is incredibly healthy.
3. Meditate – Simply taking a break from the stress of a daily work day can help regulate stress. An emotional day uses a lot more energy than you’d think.
4. Drink Water – This may seem incredibly obvious, but many people go hours without drinking. But, dehydration is the leading cause of fatigue.
5. Keep healthy snacks read – Foods like pumpkin seeds or almonds will keep energy up and help you avoid a crash that sugary foods normally have.
You can see the rest below: